Preview karaoke track

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
M@gicMike

Preview karaoke track

Post by M@gicMike »

I was wondering if we can add a "preview" track function much like a dj software would allow you to preview a track through your headphones before you play it.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Preview karaoke track

Post by dave »

you mean play a second song WHILE the current one is playing, in a 2nd video window, using a 2nd audio out device. yes that's on the list. but not soon.

M@gicMike

Post by M@gicMike »

dave wrote:you mean play a second song WHILE the current one is playing, in a 2nd video window, using a 2nd audio out device. yes that's on the list. but not soon.

Just the Audio to listen to the quality of the track.... Lets say you have 5 versions of the same song, and you want to preview it to hear which one sounds best.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

for me, it's the same thing, i'm not going to do audio without video.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You can do most of this with "creative" use of VLC, however, unless you have a DJ mixer or other hardware, and are playing kJams over an alternative audio output, like USB, outputting to the headphone jack is really not going to help you much.
A better solution would be to use VLC and set its audio output to a cheap external USB sound card.
Which brings up a feature request: Any way kJams can be made to treat dragging tracks off a playlist out of the app as equivalent to Finder drags? Like the way EyeTV works, where you can drag a video recording from the playlist, and if the target happens to be, say, an external drive, it performs a Finder file copy. This would allow just this type of functional interaction with other apps, like VLC, without the need for scripts or services.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

re: drag out of kJams: that would be swell. i'll add that to the miles-long list