Abort Library Referencing

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
jen09k

Abort Library Referencing

Post by jen09k »

Hi Dave,
Is there an option to Abort Referencing your entire Library from a portable hard drive, if you do so accidentally??
I have just tried to add a file of new songs to my kjams library, but appear to have pressed something wrong and now it is re-referencing ALL my hard drive library. Nothing on kjams is responding now that it has started to Reference...
Jen09k

Karanight

Re: Abort Library Referencing

Post by Karanight »

I'll second that. I've had to force quit to stop this in the past because I've inadvertently done the same. It doesn't happen often but the option would be good
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

there is no option to abort. i've added it to the list.

you say "a file of new songs", and that's a bit confusing: a file is not a folder, a folder is not a file. do you mean "a folder of new songs" ? a file is a single thing, a folder is a collection.

if you select a single folder to add, kJams will add every single file within it, plus the files within any sub folders, plus sub-sub folders and so on.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

This could be in the form of an 'Are You Sure' popup window with 'No' highlighted
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i think the original request is better: that of a cancel button on the import dialog itself, so you can cancel an hours long import part way thru