record singers

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
lenskaraoke

record singers

Post by lenskaraoke »

When I work I record singers and play back the track they’ve sung to the audience. When I was on disk I used a mini disc player and it wasn’t always brilliant, but now I use garage band and the sound and control is good but it does mean I have to have two programs open and I obviously have to operate them both which isn’t always easy.

Can this be incorporated into kjams

When I use itunes for background I can have the same track playing for a long time because it only plays for a few seconds at a time in between singers and some folk think I’ve only got that song so recording and playing back songs is much better. When I was on disc the disc played in the background continuously so the prob didn’t arise
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

yes soon kJams will let you control the mic and mix the mic with the music [update: it does that now], and you'll one day be able to record them (separately or together). but not today.

I do not understand your last paragraph, first you say it's better now, then you say the problem did not arise before (but does now)?
Last edited by dave on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Sorry about the bad explanation, I was rushing to go out for a drink, or maybe I’d already had one, I can’t remember.

Recording singers and then playing them between tracks is better in that, I don’t play the same song between lots of tracks.

The Problem didn’t arise before because I had my background music on one channel on the mixer, and, karaoke on another channel, so when I turned the background music down, I wasn’t pausing it, so the track played on, and, when I turned it back up the chances are it was a different track that was playing, or at least moved on. The only way I can do this on itunes is to turn the volume down on itunes and leave the track running, which is a bit fiddly, And I will inevitably forget to turn it back up, and its not the same as adjusting sliders on a mixer, it is much more fiddly, or as I sometimes do, I will click the track on in itunes so the next track is playing, but that is still fiddly, and then everybody only hears the beginning of each track which I think would sound just as unprofessional.

Hope that lot makes sense.

ps How many fiddlies in this
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

yes, yes, yes, maybe, and yes

Post by dave »

kJams will have the ability to set up "filler" playlists which will magically crossfade between singers awaiting your "go" to crossfade back), and can optionally continue playing (silently) even during singing. normally it would fade out then auto-pause, but you can optionally auto-skip-to-the-middle of the next song-and-pause, or you can just let it keep playing. :) yay?