Default playlist

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Default playlist

Post by DeusExMachina »

Adding a playlist for each singer that acts as their default Tonight list would be very convenient. One click loads all songs in that playlist to Tonight.
Alternately, a marking/flag system in History for the same effect.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Default playlist

Post by dave »

an interesting idea.

here's something that i could do quickly:

allow "label" to be a singer's song meta. ie: each singer can label songs to a color, and that doesn't affect the way other singers label their songs, nor does it affect the library. only within that singer does a song get that label color.

then, you can mark all the "default faves" for a singer to some color.. then go to their history, sort by that color, and bingo, you can just select those and drag to the Tonight.

i know, not one click by a long shot, but gets you there?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Are you restricted to colors or are you able to do Mavericky user-defined labels? (Because, then, of course, accomplishing the rest programmatically should be straight-froward.
The reservation, of course, is that loading the venue already is a huge bottleneck, and I wonder how much slower this would make that.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the current (read: easy to implement) incarnation includes only the existing colors

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

There might be other interesting uses for that, but not sure as far as this is concerned, that it gets you much more than just sorting on frequency.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it's now on the list

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Hmm, how about just a command to "add Favorites" to Tonight?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that can actually be done in a python script methinks (complete with keyboard shortcut!)