Milestone markers

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Milestone markers

Post by DeusExMachina »

It would be nice if one could post "milestones", reminders at given points in the rotation for certain events. They would not necessarily have to do anything (though the option to bring up a dialog box might be nice) but rather serve as guides to certain activities. For instance, as you know, I am a bit spacey. I can be asked to make an announcement after a given song, say "Last Call," or "Someone lost a wallet," and even though it is only 45 seconds later, I TOTALLY forget. Having a spacer I can set between tracks with a label I can add would be a killer feature for users.
Another feature would be dynamic milestones, set to trigger based on clock time or time from start. These would then position themselves in the Rotation dynamically.

Karanight

Re: Milestone markers

Post by Karanight »

I forget stuff all the time so on the Mac I use Calendar to set reminders to pop up at the correct time for last orders and anything else that needs to be done regularly. When I'm asked to announce something out of the ordinary I often forget. In the past I've used "post it" notes stuck to my screen so this feature would be a nice one
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

djunod

Post by djunod »

One such Milestone marker could be Last Song, so that even if people added more songs to the rotation using wtkJams or iJams, they would know it wasn't going to be sung. I don't want KJ's to turn off the server, because I want singers to be able to adjust their last song whenever they want (swap one song for another, adjust the pitch, etc).

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I would just modify that slightly to "Unlikely to sing", since you can never be sure if people in front of a given singer might have left/decided not to sing, change their song to a shorter song, thus giving more time in the rotation. I've had people com up to me at 1:40 and ask if they'll get in before two, and I look, see that there are 15 people ahead of them, and tell them that it is very unlikely, and lo and behold, 1:50 rolls around, and due to drop outs, they're up!

:)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The simple implementation, of course, would just be to use a user-editable text field, perhaps with color label, that can then be any alert the user wants.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

noted