Close up the singers arrow after adding a song

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Tashmoo

Close up the singers arrow after adding a song

Post by Tashmoo »

Would it be possible for a singer's down arrow to close his song lists?

Let me explain:
Under the venue all singers are listed.
No one's down arrow is down, therefore we see only a list of names.
I click a singer's down arrow to get to his "history".
I drag a song into the 'tonight' list.

It would be so cool if the arrow would return and point right and therefore close up the 'Tonight', 'favorites' and 'history' lists.

With only a few singers, this is not a problem, but when you've been at a venue for a while it would be so much neater to see only the names and not the three above mentioned list names.

Maybe this could be set up in theKJAMS PREFERENCES menu.

Thanks again Dave for your dilligence in making this the most functional, elegant karaoke software anywhere.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Close up the singers arrow after adding a song

Post by dave »

i'm not sure how to make kJams "know" when you want to do that. what is it exactly you think should trigger the "close the singer" action?

what if you want to browse the singer's history and their favorites? now kJams is closing the singer every time you touch it? i think that would be more annoying than helpful?

Tashmoo

Post by Tashmoo »

Close the singer should only be an option when you add a song to the tonight list.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

right but what if you want to add more than one, some from history some from favorites?
it will keep closing and you'll have to keep opening it?

the feature, as requested, seems a little "too niche" ? as in: it solves a small problem that most people don't have, and creates a bigger problem than it solves for some people who do not have a problem now?

or maybe i'm not understanding?

Tashmoo

Post by Tashmoo »

What I would like to achieve is to close up the singer arrow so that my list of singers shows only the names, not all the tonights, favororites, and history tabs.
I find that I rarely use favorites.
98% of my singers use either songs from history or a new song.
So visually, unless I close the singer's arrow, I end up with all my singers, and all their tabs open.
I guess I'm trying to cut out mouse clicking, and keeping the list tidy, rather than having all the tabs open.

I understand your wanting to not have a niche feature, but with over 300 past and present singers at this particular venue, it just feels clumsy having all the tabs open, and having to close them one at a time.

It might be nice to have the option.

Either way, the software rocks. :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you can option-click the triangle next to the venue name (default name "Singers"), and it will twirl up ALL the singers' lists, then twirl back down the venue, and you can see they're all twirled up

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

What would be really useful is to have a pref that toggles the double clicking behavior on a singer from either target singer mode or collapse/expand playlist mode. I find that I almost never use target singer mode, and when I do, it is in specialized circumstances where setting a pref might be more applicable. In either case, opt double clicking could activate the alternate behavior.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

noted