Background Video's

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
TheWarrior97

Background Video's

Post by TheWarrior97 »

My main goal is to have music video's playing behind the karaoke lyrics...similar to how Japan has it. In the meantime, I would like to "Link to File" a generic video to a specific genre. That way people aren't staring at just lyrics, but a mood driven video. Right now it will only let me select each song individually to link. Can you add the ability to select multiple files and "Link" them to one video...eg...select all "Rock" genre videos and link to one file.

Also, I haven't played too much with the video screen. When the lyric screen is "transparent," do you have any suggestions to removing the border/window around the video screen if I don't want it maximized over the background video. The lyric screen is only "double size" and I can see the Windows border around the screen. Maybe allow it to disappear and reappear when your cursor is over it.

Thanks
Jeremy

TheWarrior97

Re: Background Video's

Post by TheWarrior97 »

Im sorry, I mean "Launch File" not "link File"

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'll make it so you can set/clear the Launch File on a selection, that's easy.

currently there's no way to make the window border disappear. can i ask why you're NOT going full screen?

TheWarrior97

Post by TheWarrior97 »

When I went full screen, the lyrics covered most of the video. It almost made the video pointless. I was thinking to reduce it down and maybe attach it to a corner, or have it cover the lower aspect of the screen...kind of like "subtitle mode." (That might actually be a good name for the menu selection). That way you can see the video and still read the lyrics.

What you think?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay, i'll add that to the list. (not for now, however)

the way it would work is, you'd in the prefs set a screen area to be the "destination" rectangle of the video (you'd pick a section of the screen)
then you'd still go "full screen" to get rid of the border, but the video would squish itself into the area you selected, leaving the rest of the window transparent

sound good?

TheWarrior97

Post by TheWarrior97 »

I think that would work well.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

As I posted on another thread, I wrote a script for that, too:
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/new ... _Generator

If you love it, show the love! :)

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

I can't make this work
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/new ... _Generator

When I run it I get the window to enable me to choose the background and after choosing one I get a window saying 'The action "Run AppleScript" encountered an error
Help
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Can you tell me exactly where the error is? When it asks to show the action, let it.
Might be an illegal filetype, or something else Apple broke. Used to be that QT7 through Perian supported just about all useful filetypes, and my script reflects that, but Apple broke many of them. But definitely make sure you still have Perian installed.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Also, Dave, wouldn't it be easier just to allow the option to not show title bar by programmatically setting the parameters in the NSWindow Class object (as in Xcode)?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

show what title bar of what?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The title bar of the video window. Just remove that, and allow it to moved by dragging anywhere in the window, and you wouldn't have to bother with all that "set a screen area to be the "destination" rectangle of the video, picking a section of the screen, going "full screen" to get rid of the border, video would squish itself into the area you selected, leaving the rest of the window transparent" silliness!
Just remove the title bar and drag wherever you want it!
Allow window x,y to be scriptable, and you could even automate it. (Or even do freaky things like have the video window follow some path, simulating wipes, etc.!)

All those things seem simpler than the aforementioned earlier proposal.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i must have missed most of this conversation. where is this "video would squish itself into the area you selected" that you mention??

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You wrote it!

Post by dave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:38 am

okay, i'll add that to the list. (not for now, however)

the way it would work is, you'd in the prefs set a screen area to be the "destination" rectangle of the video (you'd pick a section of the screen)
then you'd still go "full screen" to get rid of the border, but the video would squish itself into the area you selected, leaving the rest of the window transparent

sound good?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

oh. derp. right. okay. IF i were to implement that, yes, that's a better solution.