Trim control

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
ChurchCat

Trim control

Post by ChurchCat »

Not so significant for the KJ who is riding the sliders but a feature that would be nice for performers would be a trim control.

At the moment each track can have pitch shift remembered. It would be really nice if each track could have some volume trim attached. Thus if one disc has very low output level then it could be turned up a bit to match the rest. This setting would only have to be done once per track and surprisingly quiet tracks would be a thing of the past.

I am not sure how tricky this would be for you to do but it would be cool if you would add it to your long long list.

CC

p.s. It would be super cool if the setting was preserved when you burn a track.
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

very close

Post by dave »

i've been working for months on the "arbitrary meta data per track", and it's very very close to reality now. once that is done, then yes each song will have it's own volume. among a bazillion other things, including "trimming" which i call "normalizing" and the ability to start and stop the song at certain points (to cut off the silence at the beginning and end), which is what *I* call "trimming" but either way...
Last edited by dave on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChurchCat

Re: very close

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote: among a bazillion other things.
Bazillion is an American term for any number larger than six if I remember correctly.

:wink:

CC

p.s. Good news about the trim control.

:D
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

meyow

ocheye

Post by ocheye »

I take it this upgrade hasn't happened yet.
I still find myself hovering over the gain control to make volume adjustments on the hoof and a few tracks keep me waiting because they have a tiny noise or click on the original that effectively leaves a period of silence in advance of the start of the song.javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Ocheye

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i have in fact completed the meta data thing but i am still shaking out all the bugs introduced by that before i try to push it much farther. some folks are experiencing the spinning rainbow ball of death, some just getting an unexpected quit, all at seemingly random times. volume normalizing, individual volume control etc, i hope will be coming soon. I now only have a bazillion minus six things to do.

-dave

ocheye

Post by ocheye »

Looking good Dave :)
Keep up the good work

Andy

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)