FFWD

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
TheWarrior97

FFWD

Post by TheWarrior97 »

I would like the FFWD button to really skip to the next song and remove the one that is playing at any time during the song, not just the last 1/2 of the song. Either that or add a next/skip forward button.

That's my request, thanks for the consideration.

Jeremy

dave
Site Admin

Re: FFWD

Post by dave »

it already does skip to the next song at any time.

do you mean "i want the current song to move to the singer's [history] list" ? if so, i'll add a option/alt key modifier. so if you option/alt-click during the first 60% of the song, it will go to the History.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

dave wrote: if so, i'll add a option/alt key modifier. so if you option/alt-click during the first 60% of the song, it will go to the History.
I'll second that. Excellent idea
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it is already done.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

From WIKI "if you hold the OPTION/ALT key when pressing next, when < 60% of the way thru a song, the song will STILL be marked as sung and moved to the singer's history"
is there any chance you could make this work by pressing the forward button on the keyboard and not the button on the screen
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

grrr, "next" was supposed to include the right arrow key, i just didn't check for it. so yes.

TheWarrior97

Post by TheWarrior97 »

Thank ya

I was thinking one of two scenarios.

1. Singer's song is up but singer left...skip to the next singer and remove the song from rotation by pressing the "Next" button.

2. Singing at home with family. You begin a song and hate it immediately. Skip and go to the next one.

That's what I was thinking.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

in option 1, don't you think the singer WANTS the song to still be there for the next rotation? that's the whole POINT of not removing it, so you can skip someone who's temporarily away

in option 2, that's what "switchable songs" is for

TheWarrior97

Post by TheWarrior97 »

Your alt/option did what I was looking for. I just wanted a "next" & "previous" button...or maybe even a "kill the song" button.

Option 1, singer left for good.

Option 2, the switchable songs option still keeps the bad song in rotation, just moves it down. I wanted to completely remove the song that the person doesn't want to sing anymore.

Currently I have been sliding the progress bar all the way to the end if someone doesn't want to sing that song. This immediately ends the song and removes it from the rotation/singer's list...It works

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

option1: oh, i see, i thought they stepped out for a smoke or something
option2: yes, that's true, but it gets the SAME singer singing another song they want, rather than forcing them to wait until the next rotation. while they sing you can then just go delete the bad song. sliding the bar to the end or now option-right-arrow will move the BAD song into their History list, which i think you do NOT want?