web server feature

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
simpmech

web server feature

Post by simpmech »

Would it be possible to put a limit on the number of songs allowed to be turned in via web users? I get some people turning in NUMEROUS songs at one time. It's not a problem for rotation, just that it shows them in to sing and if I get new people in and want to sign up, my time limit is over the limit for the night. It would be nice to have control to the set number of songs per singer by the KJ at a time. Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Re: web server feature

Post by dave »

hmm, not sure exactly what the problem is you're trying to solve?
when new singers come in they will come in interleaved into the rotation. the singer that put in 20 songs probably knows darn well that they're not going to get to sing them all if the rotation is 45 minutes long. but the songs are now set up for the next night they come back to the venue, so that's a good thing, right?

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

it is ;) however, my wife LOVES the Time feature you have! it shows her when to call "no more songs taken". when multiple songs are entered she cant judge that anymore. And if mama aint happy....... :roll:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

ah, i get it now. k. that problem can probably be solved a different way.

show the "KJ Rotation", and you'll see how long to the end of the current rotation, and what time it will end.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

thanks, i will give it a try tomorrow night

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

When I hit my limit, I turn off the server....
Thanks!

Scott

djunod

Post by djunod »

way2fst4u wrote:When I hit my limit, I turn off the server....
That's no fun for the people that want to change what song they are going to sing.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yeah, probably better to just announce "no new submissions" then keep deleting any new ones