Suggestion List under Venue

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
djunod

Suggestion List under Venue

Post by djunod »

I don't have a lot of thought in this, but one of the things that we are always searching for as very frequent karaoke singers are suggestions of songs to sing that would be popular among the regular patrons of the venue we are currently at. It varies by venue, as there are always regulars at each of them.

How about another List under Venue for song suggestions. Here the KJ could drop in songs (or Artists) that are popular at that particular venue. As songs are sung during the evening, they are marked as already sung and not presented any more that evening. wtkJams could then have another Tab in the Singer area for Suggestions and would show that list.

Something along these lines should be popular among KJ's as they are always looking for ways to keep everybody coming back, not driving people away...

dave
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion List under Venue

Post by dave »

that seems like a specific, new feature, rather than an extension of an existing one. it seems you want a new "smart" playlist for the Pro version, with custom but customizable inclusion criteria, exclusion criteria, and the ability to include it with the lists that can be requested by the web server.

given the scope, it's not likely i'll be doing anything like this soon.

could you come up with something that almost already works in the current scheme that would not take much work on my part?

how about this currently, wtkJams can request the Rotation playlist. how about i make a way to formally include *any* playlist?

then you can just make your own playlist, call it "Suggestions", mark it as "can be seen via server".
then a feature that will deny the ability to submit a song that has already been sung that evening.
so, while it won't prevent songs that have been sung from showing up, it won't let them submit them if they try.

djunod

Post by djunod »

That sounds good.

If you add another field for Last Sung Date/Time that gets tracked and sent then I could filter those out for the last two or three hours.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll add this to the list. probably not very soon.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Dave, since you already support colour labeling, you could just set the colour label to, say, red, after a song was sung, and reset them to x when the venue is changed or "Clear all tonight lists" is triggered.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

color labels are a user-feature. i would be stomping on user prefs if i did that.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Right, but in that playlist, it would be doing what the user wants, i.e., labeling the song as sung. By setting up the playlist to provide this "feature" the user would be also explicitly setting labels in this manner (at least in my estimation).

djunod

Post by djunod »

If any changes are made to support this, I would really like to see a Last Sung field added that just gets filled in with the date time stamp. If we wanted to add a little more a Last Sung By that would contained the SingerId. These would get filled in when moving to History.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

first of all, i disagree that changing a color label automatically is anything that the user wants. the user gets to set the color labels to whatever they want. say they set it to blue. then they sing a song and it gets set to red? hey where'd my blue songs go? what? they are red now? wtf?

also, kjams already has a "last sung" field, which is set correctly with the time stamp. what i do NOT have is that it gets sent to web clients when they request a list of songs.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Wait, singers can set colour labels? How do they do this? (Or is this just something that you intend for the future?)

djunod

Post by djunod »

Can we get that "last sung" and "date added" field sent with the search results? Just another couple of fields :-)

"last sung" so I can show if a song has already been sung that night.
"date added" so I can tag things with *New Addition*

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

"last sung" is already there. i've added "date added". i've also added "song id" to the Rotation list you can request. let me know if you need anything else

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Well, that gets perilously close to being able to prevent singers from adding songs that have already been sung/submitted that night, at least via server clients, which has been on the top or everyone's list!
:)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o

djunod

Post by djunod »

Trying the rogue now... did you get that e-mail with the Show Screen for wtkJams.xml & logo?

Thanks!