Record and add to iTunes Playlist

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Re: Record and add to iTunes Playlist

Post by DeusExMachina »

Then I am not quite sure why you need to even automate it with a script. But if you must, you can easily modify my script by merging it into the iTunes autocrossfader script. Just take out the stuff that controls iTunes (or leave it in) and add the content of my singer recorder script, and voila, done. :)

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

Maybe I didn't explain it well. My old software used to have a button to record. For each singer, it would save a file in a selected folder "recordings" in this format: singer name - Original Artist - Song name.mp3
I could then search the recordings folder for the singers' names at the end of the night, and burn a CD for their songs based on the date created. It would start the recording when I hit play (or spacebar) and save the file as soon as the song ended. It didn't record the entire night. I don't want to have to switch programs (garageband), record, then switch programs again to stop and name the file in case I'm busy with another singer or singing myself...
Thanks!

Scott

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Sure. And my record script does all that, using QuickTime. If you merge it with the autocross fade code, it will do that all automatically.

way2fst4u

Post by way2fst4u »

DeusExMachina wrote:Sure. And my record script does all that, using QuickTime. If you merge it with the autocross fade code, it will do that all automatically.
OK I need to get it! PERFECT! Now to merge them...MUHAHAHA...
:wink:
Thanks!

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)