A more pleasant shopping experience

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
dizzidecazz

A more pleasant shopping experience

Post by dizzidecazz »

I often find myself browsing in the stores for new tracks, however, I can't remember every song I have in my library. It would be great to ba able to compare the two without having to re search every time I switch between to check if I already have a track. Even better would be something to tell me I have (or may have) a track already, a grey background or something like that, maybe different colours based on same song title, same song and artist and if I bought it from the store previously. Being able to flag the songs for purchase at a later time would also be great, maybe even greater than great.

just a little thought or three.

dave
Site Admin

Re: A more pleasant shopping experience

Post by dave »

you can currently turn on "show music store songs in main library playlist", that way all the store songs show up in the Library.
then in the Library show the "Store" sort-column.
then, when you search, you can see if you already own the song, right next to any hits you find in any stores. (and you can see which ones are in stores)

currently, when there is a "music store update", kjams throws out the current store and downloads a brand new store. this would make it impossible to edit the tags on music store items (say, to change their color) and have it stick when you update the store. I plan to fix that however (which will also fix the problem of streaming songs just "disappearing" from playlists and histories, so it's kindof important).

so yes, i do have plans that will address these great ideas.

dizzidecazz

Post by dizzidecazz »

8)

Thanks Dave. I didn't know about hose features.

The method for marking songs already in the Library I was thinking of would be based on a realtime cross checking of the database using the same kind of concepts as find duplicates.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, that will be possible after i've switched to using SQLite as my database, currently, it would be way too slow to attempt.