Group Same Tracks

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
vialli25

Group Same Tracks

Post by vialli25 »

Hi

I just had an idea whilst organising my library.

I think it would be a good idea to group tracks that are the same song and artist, but possibly a different version or publisher.

For example:

I have three 'It's Not Unusual' tracks by Tom Jones. Two of those are different Sunfly versions and one is a Legends version. You could have one entry in your Kjams Library for 'It's Not Unusual' with a down arrow signifying that there is more than one version. Upon clicking the down arrow you're presented with all of the versions from which to choose from.

Of course this could also apply to tracks sung by different artists as well, and I think it would be an interesting and helpful way of organising tracks, assuming you have perfect metadata.

I've attached 2 images showing what I mean.
Attachments
kjamsmockup2.jpg
kjamsmockup.jpg

dave
Site Admin

Re: Group Same Tracks

Post by dave »

you can kinda do this now by, as you know, getting perfect meta data, then creating a new preset playlist->Cull Duplicates (Loose)

then, you can see the "Album" column has a popup menu for the album where you can pick the best one, but they're all condensed under ONE listing. yes?