Request singer email address when creating account

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
gsowa

Request singer email address when creating account

Post by gsowa »

It would be extremely helpful to be able to request more than just a username and password when someone creates a kjams singer account. When I used to use paper slips I would ask for their email address so that I could email them a weekly reminder of our shows, any specials at their home venue, changes in our collection, new venues/shows, and other updates. BUT, now it's not as easy to get that info because I have to ask for it separately. Can we have the ability to ask for additional information, at least email addresses when someone creates their account? Then, give us an export option (e.g. CSV) so that we can import the list into our database in Mailchimp/Constant Contact?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Request singer email address when creating account

Post by dave »

yes i have plans to enable the singer to have a "preferences" page where each can set a picture (avatar), a short bio, email address, web site etc.

note that all this probably won't happen until 2.0 however, which is a long, long time from now.

I can't add any more big features to kJams, I just have to finish what i started and call it "1.0"

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

As an alternative, you could add something like a fb like button that would then link to a fb account you set up that prompts for this information. At least then you could have the contact info.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

probably be more work to integrate facebook than it would be to simply write up the bio feature :) and: not everyone has facebook.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Fortunately, there are ready made fb code snippets you can pretty much just paste into place.
Oh wait, to be clear, I meant for the OP to add it to their own custom kJams login page, with a direct link to their own fb page, not you! :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Ooooooh. :o

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

?

dave
Site Admin