KJams Host (Like the Chart Buster Streaming Service)

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
munsing

KJams Host (Like the Chart Buster Streaming Service)

Post by munsing »

Hi Dave,
We buy all our karaoke music and convert them to mp3+g then shelf the discs. Is there a way to setup a closed streaming service? I would like to host a database for all our songs that only we can access. I understand the karaoke rights only allow us to have one copy per machine. It only makes sense for us to have them all on one machine and stream them to our various computers and devices. Is this a valid work around? And would this be something that can be done? I have tested out the Chartbusters Music Store and even purchased a month of their karaoke streaming. I was hoping for something just like their streaming service, but only for me and my family. Thanks and keep up the great work on kJams!

dave
Site Admin

Re: KJams Host (Like the Chart Buster Streaming Service)

Post by dave »

yes. if you have your own server, you can host a disk image (or an actual disk) of your music files as a sharepoint. then mount the sharepoint remotely.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

There are also many guides online for hooking up a TimeCapsule that you can then access from anywhere over the internet.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)