Midi mappable controls & auto cue next singer

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Sgwhite

Midi mappable controls & auto cue next singer

Post by Sgwhite »

Just purchased Kjams pro and I am very impressed with it so far but i would like a couple of features added if at all possible.

First being able to map the start, stop, pause and cue buttons to a midi control.

Another thing that i noticed is that i was unable to find any option to auto cue the next singer after the previous singers song ends. This is a must have for me due to having to call out the next singers and usually having to wait for them to be ready.

Only other thing, is it possible to create custom video display so I can advertise my company name instead of the standard kjams logo screen.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on these matters.

Karanight

Re: Midi mappable controls & auto cue next singer

Post by Karanight »

Dave will need to respond for the midi bit but, if your on a mac ( some of this might work on windows but I don't know for sure)
I have crossover running
I have pause between tracks ticked in prefs.
Then when a singers finished their track (track 1) I hit the ⇾ button and the next track (track 2) is automatically cued up and whist I'm getting the next singer up iTunes is playing. When the singer arrives I hit the space bar, kJams plays and iTunes stops. (Beware, Make sure the play bar isn't at the and when you hit the ⇾ otherwise track 4 will be ready to play and not track 3
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Midi mappable controls & auto cue next singer

Post by dave »

First being able to map the start, stop, pause and cue buttons to a midi control
At least for 1.0, i won't be adding any MIDI controller, but the mac version DOES allow scripting via AppleScript.

so, use whatever MIDI controller software you DO have to issue applescript commands to kJams, and you're all set.
i was unable to find any option to auto cue the next singer after the previous singers song ends
this is confusing to me because that's how kJams operates out of the box. when one singer is done, kJams automatically goes to the next singer's song. What are you seeing, exactly?
is it possible to create custom video display so I can advertise my company name instead of the standard kjams logo screen
yes, but only on mac right now, see ShowScreens and kJams Producer