Video Window 2

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Bmurray

Video Window 2

Post by Bmurray »

Is it possible to have the ShowScreen stay visible in Video Window 2 and automatically update, while the main video window continues to show the karaoke?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Video Window 2

Post by dave »

that is in fact one of my plans, for example the "Who's Up Next" showscreen.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Ahem. Nudge.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Bmurray:

Just FYI, the "feature" I have been nudging about is even easier; that is, to be able to click or double click the preview pane in the main window, and have it toggle between lyric mode and showscreen mode. That way, Video 2 is free for other things, and, more importantly, it doesn't matter if it gets covered up and lost behind other windows.

:)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

must...

finish...

windows...

before...

new...

features...

Bmurray

Post by Bmurray »

How's the windows version coming? I hope all is well.

Any chance of a secret prefs setting soon? Something like ShowScreen Targets window {window}. :wink:

My ultimate goal is to be able to...
- use Video 1 in full screen mode out of one video card, feeding to one (or several thru hardware splitters) Lyric monitor(s).
- use Video 2 in full screen mode out of a separate video card, feeding to one (or several thru hardware splitters) Show Screen monitor(s).
- use the preview pane in the application window as my KJ heads up display. (would be very nice to be able to toggle between V1 and V2 there)

The idea is that I want to designate at least one video channel for the singers lyric display that Never has show screens on it, only lyrics all the time. That way I can pop up Show Screens on the other video channel occasionally with no possibility of interruption. And it would give me the ability to prompt crowd participation (think applause) at any fun moment even in the middle of a song.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

As a labour day stand in, I'll just chip in that my understanding of the architecture is that this will have to wait for the work on video crossfading, since it requires processing two independent video streams, and switching between the two.
This is gonna be a while.
As a stand-in, might I suggest cmd opt Y?

Bmurray

Post by Bmurray »

DeusExMachina wrote:As a stand-in, might I suggest cmd opt Y?
hmmm that might be promising. (also option + space does the same :D )

I'll have to play around with it tho, it seems to always bloom the full screen on the monitor that has the Dock. Maybe that can be configured, I'll poke around.

-- edit
Correction: It blooms full screen on the monitor it was full screen on last time. Which can be changed simply by using Quick Look via the space bar, drag to appropriate screen, then clicking the full screen gizmo in the corner. After that, and option + space, blooms full in the same screen.

Very nice :D

Now hmmm, is there a way to get the Rotation list to pop up with this method? I don't see it available as one of the server pages.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

so, to answer: yes one day i'll do this, but when i said "must finish windows" i meant "must finish 1.0", so, this new feature will come AFTER 1.0.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes, dragging the QL window under the video window (which hides what you are doing) and then full sizing it gets it to pop up on your screen full size. This is how I like to use it.
This will, of course, not work with the Rotation screen, but it will work with your stated goal of "prompting crowd participation" while leaving the preview pane on the main window unaffected, thus letting you see when the lyrics come back up.
I have tried to script this (including all the code necessary to set the correct monitor to display on, but a bug in OSX prevents it from working in a sure-fire manner (go figure). (Plus, it requires quitting and relaunching the Dock.)
This is also possible to do using QT7 (not QTX, ew) either underneath the kJams Video window (set to transparent) allowing the contents of the Video window to show over the graphics, or over top of the Video window.
I have a bunch of code that does much of that posted on the Code section of the site.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o

Bmurray

Post by Bmurray »

Is it possible to have the ShowScreen stay visible in Video Window 2, while the main video window continues to show the karaoke lyrics?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

We have been patiently awaiting such a feature for a while now. After all the 1.0 hoopla dies down, and Dave starts working on multiple video streams.
Although not sure Video 2 is the way to go. I have been championing the idea of the preview pane in the main window taking that role, double clicking it causing it to toggle between showing the underlying lyrics and the current contents of the Video Window.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

This is a 2.0 type feature and it will be a long while before it is done, and will include ALL the above suggestions.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Dave, I just thought of something that MIGHT be an easy implementation, and would not require multiple video streams.
As I mentioned to you before, sometimes the preview pane does NOT match the Video window. Sometimes the graphics are not justified quite the same way, due to screen size calculations, and sometimes the images are totally different.
So, I was wondering if one displayed the same items on both, but forced the result of layout size calculations to be essentially zero, couldn't you display the same objects on both the Video window and the preview pane, but have, say, the show screen render on the preview pane so small it was not visible? (All this assumes that the CD+G image is actually still being dumped into video, just overlaid.
Does this make sense?