Search Feature...

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Maxx

Search Feature...

Post by Maxx »

Hey Dave,
Do you think you could set up the search feature to ignore quotations such as commas (,), apostrophes ('), and any other possibilities that may show up within Song titles. Unless I am missing something (which is entirely possible) I don't think that this is a feature as of yet. It would make searching a little easier when there may be two versions of a song such as "Dont Stop Belivin" or "Don't Stop Belivin' ". If we don't type in the apostrophe it will only show the first not the latter. Not to compare apples to oranges, I know with Megaseg it will show all of the songs no matter if there is an apostrophe or not when you don't type it in the search field.

Looking at all the times I actually typed an apostrophe in this request, I don't (damn there is another one) know why I am complaining. It's (AND ANOTHER!) not really a complaint, just a suggestion. Thanks as always....you RAWK!

DJ Maxx

Karanight

Re: Search Feature...

Post by Karanight »

I never type apostrophes in the search and the tracks are found. In your example I would type don stop beli and the tracks are found For Love is all around by Wet Wet Wet I type Love is wet and the track is found. I never type an s on the end of words and for songs like Who's Laughing Now I would type who laug. If I needed to type Laughing I would miss out the g
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Search Feature...

Post by dave »

That was going to be my suggestion.