Warning when power is disconnected & on program quit.

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Club Ample

Warning when power is disconnected & on program quit.

Post by Club Ample »

I would like to see an indicator of battery life when the power cord is disconnected....and flash a little warning icon to get your attention . Just something to guard against the computer shutting down mid set in case you forget to plug in your laptop.

The other feature i would like to see is an "Are you sure you want to quit kjams?" upon pressing the apple + Q.. even something as short as "Exit?" would be sufficient. Just to prevent an accidental shutdown of the program while in mid set.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Warning when power is disconnected & on program quit.

Post by dave »

battery indicator:
you can get any number of 3rd party apps for that

for "warn on quit":
you can turn on "Warn if current song will be interrupted", so if you're playing a playlist (even the Rotation), then you'll always get a warning when you try to quit.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

When this has happened to me I got a message on the screen saying the computer is about to go to sleep to protect the memory (Or something like that) I've then plugged the power lead in the it's been OK, but once it happened and I went to get the power lead and I'd not taken it with me so I shut everything down except kJams and then I prayed, My prayer was heard and I finished the show without a shut down. The power lasted a further 1/2 hour but the laptop was only 12 months old, I don't know how long an older battery would last.
The last time it happened I wasn't at the computer and I heard a warning sound through the speakers and want back to the computer and there was the message.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

Club Ample

Post by Club Ample »

OK I see what you mean with stop music option.. that works. 8)

The battery indicator...I can live without it.. its just a nice thing to have things in place to help guard against a train wreck at a live gig.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

there are some terrific third party tools that can put a very big meter up showing you your battery level :)