visible "suppress right chnl" indicating on/off

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
noize

visible "suppress right chnl" indicating on/off

Post by noize »

As with many of you, I also (not realizing it) imported the obnoxious vocal guide tracks, ALOT OF THEM. so..Ive been going thru my library finding and deleting these, or keeping the ones i dont have instrumentals for. The problem is: Im always worried Im going to play a track for the singer with the guide vocal not suppressed!
So my idea is:
if an indicator led or something on the face of KJ, tells us this option is on or off so we dont have to constantly look down the menu to visually check fro this. I know the short cut and it works great but this would make it so much more easier and less nerve recking everytime Im going to drop a track for a singer.
Also maybe a 1 button shortcut to turn it on/off may be a good thing
Thanks for reading

dave
Site Admin

Re: visible "suppress right chnl" indicating on/off

Post by dave »

you can show the "lead vocal channel" sort column:

http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Sorting

noize

Post by noize »

Thanks for your reply Dave. I checked it out and yes its there to look at but you it does take up room (precious real estate :P ). I was thinking more like a little dot (green for off/red for on) that resembles the status of this colume (lead vocal channel). I think this will be easier on the eye and quiker to skim over so the KJ can concentrate on other things. Just my 2 cents.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

nothing like that but you can colorize your songs with the "color" meta data. then you can "hide" the color column but the rows WILL be colorized.