importation KFN

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
galoche

importation KFN

Post by galoche »

Hello,
before buying the pro version of 'Kjams ", do you integrate an import file" KFN. "I have + / - 1000 songs in French in this format.
thank you

dave
Site Admin

Re: importation KFN

Post by dave »

mmmm send me a few songs in that format (zipped of course). not a promise but i'll see how easy it is.

you can upload to my FTP
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/FTP

galoche

Post by galoche »

Thank you for your reply.
I just transfer any zip file "SongKfn"on your FTP server.
The only solution I've found so far: edit a file with KFN Karafun Studio (Windows), export it in LRC format. But this is not practical.
Otherwise for all other functions of your software .... great.
Finally a real mac software for karaoke. I can not wait to test it live and buy the license.
Just miss the choice of background music between singers and keyboard shortcuts for video messages.
Pending read.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you can use iTunes and the crossfader for filler music between songs:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/new_ ... Crossfader

you can customize your keyboard shortcuts, including for ShowScreens:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Custom_Keyboard_Shortcuts

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Although I wrote two of the iTunes crossfaders, I personally never use either of them, because I average 40 person rotations, and taking the time to put in filler music would get me lynched!

:)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'd also like to put in my 2¢ here, as a SINGER, not as a KJ: I personally HATE when the KJ does filler music. i'm at the bar to sing and hear karaoke, i want the rotation to run zip zip zip, i want the next person on the stage the moment the last one is done. I much MUCH prefer the KJ do some EmCee'ing during those 8 seconds of singer transition, ya know "hey a big round of applause for Mike for that fabulous Led Zeppelin! And next up on the stage please welcome Cheryl who will sing some Ann Wilson!, and don't forget to tip your waitress!". the show is SOOOO much more engaging when the KJ talks to the audience, and is just plain ANNOYING if they instead play 8 seconds of SOME OTHER SONG during that moment, that is NOT going to engage anyone, or keep them dancing, unless they're one of those insane awesome DJs who can beat-mix on the fly, but who does that for karaoke?

so please, i beg you all, ask your patrons if they LIKE filler music or if they like it when you instead do introductions.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

dave wrote:i'd also like to put in my 2¢ here, as a SINGER, not as a KJ: I personally HATE when the KJ does filler music. i'm at the bar to sing and hear karaoke, i want the rotation to run zip zip zip, i want the next person on the stage the moment the last one is done. I much MUCH prefer the KJ do some EmCee'ing during those 8 seconds of singer transition, ya know "hey a big round of applause for Mike for that fabulous Led Zeppelin! And next up on the stage please welcome Cheryl who will sing some Ann Wilson!, and don't forget to tip your waitress!". the show is SOOOO much more engaging when the KJ talks to the audience, and is just plain ANNOYING if they instead play 8 seconds of SOME OTHER SONG during that moment, that is NOT going to engage anyone, or keep them dancing, unless they're one of those insane awesome DJs who can beat-mix on the fly, but who does that for karaoke?
Hear hear, I couldn't agree more. This is THE reason I started presenting karaoke six years ago and now I'm in demand and one of the reasons that I'm in demand is because I play karaoke one after another in very quick succession. I actually click the forward button as soon as a song's finished (assuming there's no important outro) and the next song is playing as I call the singer up. It keeps the singers on their toes and They are normally up to sing just as quick. They love it
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

galoche

Post by galoche »

That's why I rarely post in the forums! is universal, a simple question sucite still other times off-topic remarks.
The question was not how you animate your karaoke, with or without background music between singers, it is better or worse ....
the question was simply: KFN file import possible or not? And the posibility to have or to choose "good music" background ....
Sorry if my remarks hurt you, but I always hated the speech sterile.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Not at all. I'm sorry if *I* wasn't clear. I did get your files, and it would not be too difficult to enable support for them. But there is no support for them at this time, and no timeline, unless more people request it. Thanks for your feedback :)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I would point out that both your questions were addressed prior to the thread going (slightly) off-topic, so I am not sure what your complaint is.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:shock: