Persistant songs

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Persistant songs

Post by DeusExMachina »

It would be very useful, and would streamline things for a lot of users and their singers if Tonight lists could have tracks set to be persistent. By this I mean they stay in tonight by being added every time they are marked as here. For regulars that always sing the same tracks, this makes setting them up much simpler. By making this part of the "Mark as here" routine, you avoid all the troubles of having the songs recurring over and over in the same night. This could easily be done, I suspect, by adding an invisible playlist to a singer, whose songs are copied to tonight when they are marked as here.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Persistant songs

Post by dave »

it's an interesting idea. more likely i'd add a new meta data column "always add when marked here" or something. but it seems kindof specialty-ish. i'll add it to the list but not for 1.0

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Not sure how specialty-ish it is. I suspect a lot of people have regulars who always request the same songs, or just come in and sit down, knowing that when you see them, you'll do it for them. Might be wrong though.

Einsteindork

Post by Einsteindork »

Your not wrong DeusExMachina. That's exactly how my shows go. I see them come in and they know I will call them in the order they got there. Since they know that their favorites are already saved for them they just tell me to pick a song from the list unless they already have a new song in mind.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

k, well it's on the list :)

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Imagine doing this with another karaoke program. I do as is described in this thread and what often happens is the singer comes to sing and says "I want to sing another song first" all I need to do is click the drop down and click the song they want and the track plays instantly. I wonder if Dave knew just how useful some of the features he's built in would be.
I particularly appreciate things like this when I see other DJ's struggle and curse a singer for changing their mind.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Also, long that same vein, Dave, don't forget my feature request to populate the current song drop down with contents of "Favorites" followed be "History". Settable as a pref. Should be relatively easy.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

on
the
list
!
:)