kJams Logo

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Dj Rocky

kJams Logo

Post by Dj Rocky »

Hi Dave, I just got the kJams pro software yesterday (3-2-11). I like it, it pretty easy to use. But one thing that it's really bugging me so far is that whenever I use messages appears the kJams name and/or logo. Is there a way to use those features without it? Or is there a way to replace it with my own info/logo? I would appreciate if you could help me with that matter, Thank you in advance.

dave
Site Admin

Re: kJams Logo

Post by dave »

you can make your own showscreens or modify the ones that come with kJams. you need a mac to do it however

http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/ShowScreens
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer

Dj Rocky

Post by Dj Rocky »

Thanks for your reply on this matter Dave. In order to do that I need to 'buy' the "producer plug in" right? Or is it a way to use the built in ones without the kJams name/logo? At would like to remove at least the "kJams" name off my Showscreen.
In my opinion the built in showscreens are great. It's just the name and logo are all over the place.

Since this is a "feature request" forum, I would like to request to give us the same showscreens but with the kJams name/logo really small or without it preferably. At least with the "Pro' Version. Since must of us would be using them at our gigs instead just private parties. It looks more professional and clean, Thank you.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you don't need to buy producer. you can edit them yourself for free :) watch the tutorial videos, and see the step by step tutorials as well.

Dj Rocky

Post by Dj Rocky »

Okay!! I will check that out. Thank you!!

Club Ample

Post by Club Ample »

I would love to see the option for existing PRO users to download a version of KJAMS that was free of all branding and logos.
It is not a very intuitive process to use the producer plugin and create our own.. and I actually like the ones you have included... minus the KJams logo.
Maybe grandfather in all existing customers... and offer new customers a branded version and an unbranded version with different price levels.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

hmm, well i don't mind doing that, i'll add it to the list. this is the first request i've had for that. if i get more requests for it it will move up on the list. and it'd be free, i wouldn't ask people to pay for it..

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Personally, I make a point of using the logo where I can. Give credit where credit is due. Plus, I rather like the logo.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

we thankses you, precious!

vialli25

Post by vialli25 »

I would also like the option to turn off the kJams logo and replace it with my own. 8)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

It really is not at all difficult to remove the logos.

Just select a blank track for a scratch pad. If you don't have one, just duplicate a track. Select it and then choose Producer from the Advanced menu, place the time cursor at a clear space in the timeline (usually the beginning is fine) and click the Templates button, and select "Edit" from the menu, then pick the ShowScreen template you wish to remove the logo from. Click on the logo, hit the delete key, and then choose Save Over and reselect the ShowScreen template you just chose.

Done.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

as i said in my first reply to this thread: you can do that already. :)

vialli25

Post by vialli25 »

Dave,

With respect, I think you need to remember that not everyone using kJams is as technically minded as you. That's why we pay for your software, instead of writing our own.

Using the Producer add on is probably a bit more involved than most users are going to want to get, and a simple check box just to turn the logo off, or a simple interface to point to a new image file would probably be a bit more user friendly.

I realise that you have a long list of tweaks and improvements that are going to take some time; I'm not demanding this feature now, I was just suggesting that I'd also like to see this feature at some point in the future.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, i see, point taken. i'm pre-sorry if i forget that again in the future :(

yes, i DO plan on making Producer be much much easier to use, more like GarageBand, but it's pretty far in the future.

until i get around to that, you could probably post in the "marketplace" forum and ask if someone would be willing to do the logo replacement for you, or create screens with your own logo?