Labels

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
ChurchCat

Labels

Post by ChurchCat »

Thanks for "target mode" tweak Dave.

This is a suggestion for a feature that I would like to see.

I would like to label the tracks in the same way that OS X can label an icon. i.e. I would like some way to colour code and flag the tracks in the library.

The way I would see it working is this. In the column view there would be one column with a small disc icon. When this disc icon is clicked you would be presented with a range of colour options. On selecting an option the disc icon would change to the new colour.

I would use this feature to mark my guide vocal tracks, my midi based tracks, my original artist tracks, my .kar imported tracks. I might also use it to flag tracks that are substandard and I need to buy better versions or to mark "problem" tracks, for example if they have broken links or link to the wrong file.

You might think of a neater way to implement it but some sort of colour codiing / labelling would be a cool feature that I would value.

CC

dave
Site Admin

already on it

Post by dave »

the "arbitrary custom columns" feature includes this. you'll be able to *make up* any kind of "column" to view in any playlist. that includes color, or a popup menu, or a number, or a string, or whatever you want.

so yes, you'll be able to do this soon, when i finish the "custom columns" feature, which is what i'm working up to right now.

ChurchCat

Re: already on it

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:
so yes, you'll be able to do this soon, when i finish the "custom columns" feature, which is what i'm working up to right now.
That is fantastic. I did not realise that the custom column item was going to be so well featured.

I am impressed.

CC