Target Mode

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Target Mode

Post by DeusExMachina »

As discussed, double clicking on a playlist to put it into target mode is very counter intuitive to the general mac UI. Instead, double clicking an item with a disclosure triangle should expand/collapse that list.

As such, it would be nice if the target mode behaviour was user selectable in a preference to either turn in off, and replace it with the standard UI behaviour, or to switch it to another paradigm, like the apparently abominable triple click, context menu, or some other thing.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Target Mode

Post by dave »

probly a good idea, anyone second that?

Einsteindork

Post by Einsteindork »

I second that!!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

K 8)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just for the record, the issue for me is not JUST one of interface consistency retentiveness, but also one of efficiency. I am often opening up playlists to get to people's history, and by Fitt's law, it is much slower to hit that disclosure target than to hit the entire playlist name.
Also, because that behaviour is intuitive, and also easily misfired on trackpads, it sometimes leads to songs being accidentally, and often unknowingly, added to people's tonight lists, and it can take a while to figure out what is happening.

And FTR, I happen to like triple clicks. They work really poorly in Windows, but are pretty reliable on the mac. There is always ⌘ click, of course, as well as context menus and graphic buttons in the UI.
once IN Target mode, double clicking on tracks is fine, or if you really want to maintain UI consistency, triples again.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay okay OKAY!!! :shock: