Capability to Search in the Comment Field

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
swainner

Capability to Search in the Comment Field

Post by swainner »

Dave,
I chose to use the Comment field in the metadata for tracking disks in our filing shelves (each disk is numbered). I tried to do a search for a specific disk number, but the results of the search are empty. When I remove the search criteria, all the songs in the library are listed. I can sort by disk number (i.e. Comment field contents), but I was hoping to search for a specific disk without having to scroll through pages of entries to get to a disk of interest.

Scott

dave
Site Admin

Re: Capability to Search in the Comment Field

Post by dave »

if you type a pure number in the search field, kJams only searches numeric columns (like track number, PLI, Song ID etc). and the comment field is NOT numeric. to search for a string of characters the LOOKS like a number, add a space to the end.

http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Searching

swainner

Post by swainner »

Worked perfectly. Thanks for clarifying Dave. I didn't understand that the definition of the field (not the characters in the field) determined the search criteria.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)