Configure CSV export

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
fishmongr

Configure CSV export

Post by fishmongr »

The CSV export option looks like it would be very handy for a specific programming task I am working on (I have multiple copies of the same song by different publishers and I want to automatically remove the lowest quality duplicates via a order-of-publishers sort)

It seams to export whatever columns you have open but comma deliminates them which doesn't make it possible to parse the data as many columns already have commas (Eagles, The). Is there a way to configure this or maybe set it up to use tab spacing instead?

fishmongr

Re: Configure CSV export

Post by fishmongr »

By the way I've been attempting to generate this list manually by parsing the directories myself outside of KJams but I am finding some of my meticulous meta renaming in KJams aren't getting applied to the original files. I've tried selecting the entire library and forcing a "Push Meta Data" but it seams there are still some stubborn files that won't update though they show up correctly in KJams file list. I find when I make quite a lot of changes and delete and reimport the whole library that some of my changes haven't stuck, would be nice to get more feedback on which files failed to update as I don't see the "failed to push meta"-y dialogue window very often,
Thanks,
Mark

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

first, CSV files should enquotify any strings that have commas in them. if they don't, that's a bug. in fact i just tested this and it is working perfectly.
1,"1 2 3","Estefan, Gloria","NEO_54465249",3:22
2,"A Moment Like This","Clarkson, Kelly","KKSHv03",3:57
3,"Don't Know Why","Jones, Norah","HTG1007",3:06
4,"A Little Less Talk and a Lot Mo","Keith, Toby","KKSHv03",2:58
5,"A Little More Love *001","Gill, Vince","KKSHv03",3:02
you can sort by publisher, you know.
you can copy and paste into a text file, that uses tabs to separate, rather than commas

if a song can't be renamed in the finder, you should get a "* songs not renamed" playlist. if you don't that is a bug, please provide details on that.

fishmongr

Post by fishmongr »

Thanks Dave, I realize you can sort by publisher but I'm actually in need of a very specific multi column sort where after alphabetical artist and album sort, the 3rd column sort on publisher is not alphabetical but sorted on the publishers I prefer (Sound Choice on top, Pop Hits Monthly, Sunfly on bottom, etc). That way the singer can always pick the first of a series of identical results with a preference to the better publisher until I delete the inferior versions. I am hoping not to do the deleting by hand which is why I am scripting this myself. Its probably too much of an edge case to implement something like this in KJams but could be a useful feature.

Regarding the CSV export, sorry you are correct that it does quote most of the columns to avoid the comma issue, including on artist / song name. It seams the File: Zip and File: Audio columns don't have quotes though and commas in filenames will break the column structure
Mark

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

wow i just never expected people to copy and paste the file names. i can put that in there i think.

fishmongr

Post by fishmongr »

If its there someone will eventually use it ;)
Its actually super convenient for certain scenarios like mine.
Thanks,
MArk

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i fixed the quotes on the file path in CSV and XML. new release tomorrow night.

did you know it will export to XML as well? you don't have problems there i think.

fishmongr

Post by fishmongr »

Awesome thanks :)
The XML seams to generate PLIST file that has these fields for each song, not including the file mp3/zip file path:

<key>albm</key>
<string>ZMP098</string>
<key>arts</key>
<string>Billy Joel</string>
<key>name</key>
<string>Lenningrad</string>
<key>piIx</key>
<integer>24539</integer>
<key>soID</key>
<integer>425899</integer>

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

oh, so it doesn't honor your column layout? hmmm, huh. that sounds like a bug i think.