WARNINGS! and custom song lists by singer

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
jfbiii

WARNINGS! and custom song lists by singer

Post by jfbiii »

It might be nice to get a warning if you add a song to a singer who's not already "here" and they still have songs in their cue. So, if Singer A has songs in their "tonight" list but they aren't in the rotation yet, if you add a song to their list you get a prompt that says, "hey, they've already got songs on their tonight list, ask them if they want to sing those before this other song you're adding or do they want you to re-order or delete them?"

This is probably the single most-often recurring error in my shows. I normally delete all songs in the rotation before I start a show, but sometimes I will mark a singer "not here" before the end of a show without clearing their tonight list.

And because of how I use MY tonight list, I can't just "clear all" without messing myself up. Which brings me to another nice feature...

I keep a LOT of songs in my tonight list, as well as my favorites and, of course, my history is ridiculous. Is there already an option that I don't know about to create a custom list for a singer that isn't one of those three? I could make use of a custom list option for songs that I need to learn, songs I want to sing soon, and an ability to flag songs that I should never do again (and get a warning). :D
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

jfbiii

Re: WARNINGS! and custom song lists by singer

Post by jfbiii »

Just had an idea from something karaknight posted...going with the idea of additional folders for singers...what if there was an advanced option like "Clear all 'tonight' lists" but it was, "End show" and it dumped all current songs for each singer into an "unsung" folder under their names along with "tonight," "favorites," and "history." That way they wouldn't lose the songs that they had cued up but it wouldn't pollute their tonight lists if they hadn't been cleared previously?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i will be adding the ability to add custom singer playlists eventually. but probably after 1.0

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Cool.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)