iPhone Server Plugin for kJams Lite

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
willia4

iPhone Server Plugin for kJams Lite

Post by willia4 »

(I did a forum search, and I couldn't find this request already. But phpBB's search and I rarely get along, so I apologize if this is a duplicate.)

I've been using kJams Lite for a few years now (I still rave to people about Dave calling me up to walk me through some problems I had with it. He's still the most customer-centered developer I've ever run across; and I'm a developer myself!), and I love it.

I mostly use it to sing by myself when the wife's out; but once or twice a year, I'll host some stuff at a small family gathering. It's good fun until the kids start to get cranky.

Since I don't do it professionally, I don't spend a lot of time managing books and what-not. So once a year or so, I have to print up new books. That's a pain and it's not terribly cheap.

I don't need most of the features in kJams Pro, but it would be really neat to be able to tell everyone who has an iPhone to download the kJams app and use it to see what's available.

So how about it? A kJames iPhone Server plugin for something less than the $70 upgrade price from Lite to Pro?

It'd be pretty swell!

dave
Site Admin

Re: iPhone Server Plugin for kJams Lite

Post by dave »

that feature is already in the Pro version, it's not going to be in the lite version.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If all you want is for people to be able to see what you have in your library, just use kJams to cut and paste your library, paste it into TextEdit and save as a text document, then use something like iWeb to make it into a web page. Place it in your Sites directory, and use Bon Jour to let people on the same WiFi network access this list.
No need for kJams Server. That is overkill.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:mrgreen: