option to ignore artist in similar items drop down

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

option to ignore artist in similar items drop down

Post by DeusExMachina »

It would be great to have the option to NOT match artist when filling that list. (Maybe with option key?) Often I need it when someone selects a song by the wrong artist, so this would be helpful.
Also, an option to ignore all text inside parens. This would allow me to sub in another version when people select a version (w/Vocals) for instance.

dave
Site Admin

Re: option to ignore artist in similar items drop down

Post by dave »

can you describe what you mean in full, excruciating detail? i feel like i'm missing half the conversation. :shock:

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I filled out more detail in the other thread, but as an example: sometimes someone puts is a song, say "Twist & Shout" by the Beatles. They get up there and the song starts. They say, hey this is not the right song. I wanted the one by Deacon Blue. With the list populated by JUST song name matches, it is a simple re-selection.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

OIC, yeah a good idea. it's on the list now, thanks!