Idiot box?

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
cstanyer

Idiot box?

Post by cstanyer »

Can you possibly add in an active-song-protection pop-up so that if you do something that is about to interrupt the song that is playing kjams pops ups a box saying "this will interrupt the current song, are you sure you want to look stupid infront of this lovely crowd?" or words to that effect.

You may be wondering why I am asking for this feature. Well, last week one of my regular singers had asked for three songs to sing that night: A, B & C. When he got up to sing song A, he said to me can I sing song "C" next instead of "B". No problem, I thought, I know how to do this from the KJ Rotation window... So he starts to belt out his rendition of Brown Eyed Girl, I adjust his mic volume slightly until I'm happy with his sound and then flick on to the KJ Rotation window thinking I'll change the order of his songs now before I forget. I find the drop down box next to his name and click on song "C" to bring it to the top of his list, thinking that would put it above song "B".

Silence. Then the sunfly screen for song "C" appears on the screen.

Ooooops.

After thinking about it, it's logical that this should happen, as he may have come to the stage and asked to do song "C" first, so a pop up box warning me that I'm an idiot would have helped.

Thanks.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Idiot box?

Post by dave »

before posting a feature request, peruse the prefs to see if it is already there.

prefs->general->warn if current song will be interrupted

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just FTR, considering the overwhelming avalance of features in kJams, perusing the capabilities can be somewhat… overwhelming.
Especially when you are just starting out. :)

Just sayin'.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

wow. avalanche.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

You would prefer maybe cavalcade?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well. maybe. if they have ponies.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Um, it would be your cavalcade. Now you have an excuse to get ponies!
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Thu May 27, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

and unicorns