iTunes Link (playlist between singers)

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
cooldjmac

iTunes Link (playlist between singers)

Post by cooldjmac »

Dave, still lovin kJams. I have ran into a few issues but they were minor (mostly with the unclicking Here checkbox would crash system but I sent you those crashlogs)

A common problem I have currently is doing karaoke parties while waiting for the next singer to come up I have the awkward silence so I have been launching either iTunes, MegaSeg or VirtualDJ to play music in between then I have to toggle back and forth between kJams for Karaoke and the other for Music.

It would be great if kJams could also have the ability to play music (with screen effects) and music videos (since a screen is up anyhow for the karaoke).

I know you can add music by clicking on File - Add to Library and browsing out to the music folders. The difficult part for me is I am having trouble getting the transition from karaoke playlist to filler playlist (music or music videos) and once singer is up fade out song and play karaoke song. Truthfully I should just play audio songs as a filler with the Rotation window up. It would be pretty cool if you could frame a small box with the music video or the screen effects that moves to the beat of the music inside the rotation window but that is just icing on the cake, not a need, just a desire.

I do need the ability to transition from karaoke song to audio with rotation window up and then once singer is up ready to sing fade out audio and fade in karaoke song.

By the way, not a big fan of adding just audio tracks to the Karaoke Library because when I do a search, it appears I have that song in Karaoke when i just have the audio. I would prefer a link to iTunes playlists for the audio fillers and leave all audio only songs in iTunes.

I'm just lazy and want to do everything in one program, kJams.

dave
Site Admin

Re: iTunes Link (playlist between singers)

Post by dave »

yes i know, this is one of my top feature requests. i have big plans for this, don't you worry.
i'm finishing up my skunkworks thing this year, after that i'll be diving back in to completing the feature set for 1.0, and yes, filler music is on that list.

aantix

Post by aantix »

I've made modifications to the crossfade script that does kind of what you're looking for.

If the karaoke window is open full screen, iTunes is faded out and kJams is full volume. When the karaoke window is less than full size (the script is assuming that a song is no longer being sung), then iTunes is automatically faded in and the kJams is faded out.

Here's the complete instructions on how to use it. You have to use kJams Pro (for it's scripting capabilities).
http://www.runfatboy.net/blog/2008/10/2 ... th-itunes/

It works extremely well for me when I throw parties. Music just plays in the background while people come up and search for their songs. Once they double click their desired karaoke song, iTunes fades out, kJams fades in.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

YAY!