Printing Catalogs

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DrVideo

Printing Catalogs

Post by DrVideo »

I would like to add my request for an automatic 8 &1/2 X 11 Catalog
Sorted either by Artist or Song Name. Including All Meta Data like the Karaoke Song Disc Name and Vendor Info.
Jam on it!

dave
Site Admin

coming soon!

Post by dave »

Here's what I got so far:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Printing

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

Just had an idea regarding printing catalogues directly from Kjams.

When the artist is a band such as The Beatles will kjams ignore the word "The" when sorting so that this appears under B and not T in the catalogue.

I'm sure you'd already thought of it but it's annoying when you see catalogues with loads of bands under the T section.

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

cstanyer wrote:Just had an idea regarding printing catalogues directly from Kjams.

When the artist is a band such as The Beatles will kjams ignore the word "The" when sorting so that this appears under B and not T in the catalogue.

I'm sure you'd already thought of it but it's annoying when you see catalogues with loads of bands under the T section.
It would be nice as an option.

I never know what to do about the "the". Sometimes I add it in brackets after the name e.g. Hollies (The)

Strange how bands always use the definite article isn't it. THE Verve. as if there were more than one. You never see "A Verve" or "Some Verves" do you? It is alway "The"

:roll:

:wink:

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

ChurchCat wrote:
cstanyer wrote:Just had an idea regarding printing catalogues directly from Kjams.

It would be nice as an option.

I never know what to do about the "the". Sometimes I add it in brackets after the name e.g. Hollies (The)

Strange how bands always use the definite article isn't it. THE Verve. as if there were more than one. You never see "A Verve" or "Some Verves" do you? It is alway "The"

:roll:

:wink:

CC

I believe the collective noun for a number of Verves is a "cacophony"

dave
Site Admin

The The

Post by dave »

I'd have to make a special case for "The The" or it would come out as "The, The" or "The (The)" :)

but yeah, there's already an option to fix the names on import, but i will put in printing options for song books too :)

ChurchCat

Re: The The

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:I'd have to make a special case for "The The" or it would come out as "The, The" or "The (The)" :)

but yeah, there's already an option to fix the names on import, but i will put in printing options for song books too :)
There is?

:shock:

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Preferences->Importing->Move "The" to end of Artist title

ChurchCat

Re: :)

Post by ChurchCat »