Request - playlist remembers search terms

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Sedge

Request - playlist remembers search terms

Post by Sedge »

Currently, if you enter something into search, it searches the currently displayed playlist. Then, you have the option to either remember the search (navigating to a different playlist will sort that list based on the search terms) or forget the search (navigating to a different playlist displays the entire playlist, search field goes blank)

What would be nice is either of the following two options (or both)
1. a "recent searches" dropdown - where if you search the Library, then go check another list, you could drop-down the search field and see your last 5-10 searches, so you could easily re-search for those terms (also applicable if you search the library, check another list, then return to the library and want to search it again for the same terms)

2. remember last search on playlist - say you search the library (for 'skynyrd') - then you go to a playlist like a Tonight list, it shows the whole list, search field blank, but if you then go back to the Library list, 'skynyrd' is back in the search bar, and the list is still sorted for 'skynyrd'.)

Again, either of these options would help, and I would think that either of them would need to be an optional behavior set in Prefs, not the default behavior, which should still be to forget searches.

>>Sedge

-- Just ideas, no need to expedite these - perhaps even wait until new DB is done before implementing.

Brendan

Re: Request - playlist remembers search terms

Post by Brendan »

I have thought about this also. It would be nice to be able to switch between the search and a singers list.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

I Like this idea. It would act as a reminder of the searches done and hopefully lead to less singers being forgotten when your very busy. Don't get me wrong, I don't forget lots of singers but I have forgotten the odd singer when I've been busy with searches, the drop down box would act as a reminder of previous searches and then I a singer has been forgotten the search could be continued.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

been the plan from the start. but thanks for the reminder.