Song history oddity

Forum for discussing issues with the 64bit version of kJams
HowardBrazee

Song history oddity

Post by HowardBrazee »

I ran Karaoke tonight and then tested out the setup with Karaoke 64. I was thinking maybe I can get rid of my old computer and risk running the Alpha version in 2 weeks. So I copied my kJams folder to my new computer and looked at the history of my songs I sang today. (Most of the regulars are gone, so I sang a lot of songs). I couldn't figure out how to get the screen prints small enough for this post, so I will e-mail them to you.

The converted history appeared to have undated songs that other people sang in my history.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Song history oddity

Post by dave »

do NOT risk running kJams 64 for a show, do NOT get rid of your old computer.

to definitively confirm your finding, re-do the test. run kJams 32 on your old computer, and take note of songs and their dates. also note what the playlist is sorted by (pli? #?, date?)
then copy the entire thing to the new computer, or if it is an external drive, just use that drive on the new computer, then run. is there really a discrepancy? i ask because i tested this and it is working for me.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I'm going through that process. One thing that's odd is that on my old computer, looking at the dates when I last played a song in that venue, every song played before June has a blank date. Something changed on my old system. I'll e-mail the screen print.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay. thanks

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Now, kKJams-2-64 is picking up every date played from my personal venue history when I import from my old computer. I don't know why the old version lost the dates, but this time conversion was accurate.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well, strange but yay?