"Missing" Video Files Can't Be Played

Forum for discussing issues with the 64bit version of kJams
jaymacke

"Missing" Video Files Can't Be Played

Post by jaymacke »

Perhaps I've missed something obvious, but I think that because of the deprecation of Quicktime I cannot use KJams to play MOV files ripped from Karaoke VCDs. I have a ton of these cheeseball files from long ago, but KJams doesn't recognize them anymore--my imported database contains references to the songs and the MOV files themselves exist, but when I try to play one, I get an error that the song is "missing." What is funny is that when I ask KJams to "reveal in finder" it takes me right to the appropriate file. I should note that I can't play these files in Big Sur from finder either--the audio plays, but not the video.

Is there some obvious workaround for this issue?

joachimschmidt

Re: "Missing" Video Files Can't Be Played

Post by joachimschmidt »

I have same issue with certain mp4 files, but have not figured out why some works and some don't.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please send me samples of each type of song that doesn't work.

ie:
@jaymake, please send a MOV file of this type
@joachimschmidt, please send an mp4 that doesn't work.

you can use dropbox or a file transfer service of your choosing, if it wont fit in an email.

thanks!

-dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

joachimschmidt wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:24 pm
I have same issue with certain mp4 files .. some work and some don't. [have emailed mp4 that doesn't work]
I got your mp4 file, loaded it into my kJams 64, and it works fine (no message of it being missing). i DO see a bug that, the first time i play it (after startup) it works, but all subsequent times it plays audio but not video. if that's what you're seeing, please start a new topic, and leave this one to be about "missing" files.

if it is still "missing" for you, please text me and i can look on your computer?