Google sheet test results

Forum for discussing issues with the 64bit version of kJams
dennisgsy

Google sheet test results

Post by dennisgsy »

I will be reporting any bugs I find in this forum but I thought it may also be useful to show you the test plan and results I am using to give you a better idea of the coverage?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 12.54.00.png

dave
Site Admin

Re: Google sheet test results

Post by dave »

that's fantastic! really great!

remember the most critical thing to get a bug fixed is: can it be reproduced with 100% reliability given the same config and user actions.
so: can you figure out what the steps are to get the "some other process busy with zip" bug?
note that for 004: kjams attempts to load the next song while the current one is playing, so the bug was with the next song, not the current one (i think you figured that out)
for 002: see other forum topic for steps to try

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

I am unable to recreate the same crash myself so I can only assume it was due to me not having music stores enabled on my KJAMS 32 and KJAMS 64 having the default set to enabled. Since running through your recovery steps 1-6 the crash has been avoided and I can play tracks one after another without any issues. I have therefore marked my test results as resolved in regard to busy process with zip file.

I will continue testing once you have had a chance to look at the library in its current state.

Many thanks
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 22.25.29.png

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

thanks. that's an interesting hint about maybe music stores being enabled / disabled? can you test that?
keep up the excellent work!

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

Updated to x.1b39 and no crash without or with music stores enabled (Test #010) but after clicking download for the three music stores in quick succession there was no progress for 15 minutes whilst sorting new music list so I used force-exit (Yes #011). Activity Monitor show no disk I/O and no other significant resource utilisation shown.

On re-testing I tried letting each of the three music store downloads to complete before clicking the next download. Could this be a deadlock between concurrent table update processes?

Screenshots shown in reverse order.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 21.02.17.png
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 20.59.15.png
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 20.56.50.png
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 21.19.47.png
Last edited by dennisgsy on Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

does one of those screen shots show a time during that 15 minute hang?
i specifically avoid table-update-deadlock by having each store on a separate thread using a separate database. they aren't even related to each other until it comes time to "merge". curious

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

There's actually 12 minutes between these two screenshots and no movement on the progress bar during this period.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 21.14.32.png
Screenshot 2021-07-04 at 21.02.17.png
Last edited by dennisgsy on Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

The screenshot that says 'Merging "Party Tyme downloads" ' froze on the progress bar for about 15 minutes so after checking the Activity Monitor I force exited. As this update immediately follow KaraokeCloud download/update I thought the Party Tyme download / update may have cause some kind of lock.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

oh wow yeah it shouldn't be merging and adding at the same time. there's something wrong.
can you reproduce it?

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

Overall status of the tests I completed so far. See latest test results screen shot. Individual test submitted as separate posts.

Board quota exceeded so can't add screenshot. Only Test #013 open.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i've fixed board quota: post away!