Comments

Forum for discussing issues with the 64bit version of kJams
HowardBrazee

Comments

Post by HowardBrazee »

From within "Get Info", I am not seeing comments. I can put in comments, but the next time I run kJams, they aren't there. I can display comments in the playlists though.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Comments

Post by dave »

one of the rules: DO NOT EDIT META DATA in the 64bit version

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Does that mean we can't have new comments anymore? Nor duet comments?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it means you will lose the data you edit when you go back to 32, and you can ruin your 32bit database by editing meta in the 64bit version. that's why backups.
of course you will be able to edit meta in 64, same as you always could, but if you do, you should restore your 32 from a backup, instead of just trying to run it.

i think it IS a bug that comments are not being preserved in 64, however, that seems like a legit problem! :D

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Since we need to test comments and adding music, I infer that I need to do so twice, once for each version.

So my bug report is that if I select a song in kJams-64 that has an existing comment (I can read it in the playlist), and then right-click that song and Get-Info, I do not see that comment.

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I just opened kJams-64 a few times to check this, didn't play anything, but it aborted each time I closed it. I'm just opening it, closing it, opening it, sending crash report, repeat. I'm trying again, making sure I wait until it doesn't appear to be doing anything in the background. That took a while, but I was able to quit without crashing.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it sounds like you're reporting a different bug than "comments"? can you start a new thread with that? i'm using the "one thread, one topic" method, else i will definitely lose track of things

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

editing comments should be fixed now