wireless HDTV

Sell, buy, trade! Want to know what equipment you should buy? Got something to sell? Want to post a review? It all goes here! (note: pirates will be banned)
DeusExMachina

wireless HDTV

Post by DeusExMachina »

djunod

Re: wireless HDTV

Post by djunod »

They can reek havoc on your WiFi. I don't recommend using a lot of different wireless devices in a place where you are trying to run kJams and allow people in with their smart phones.

It will make your WiFi network almost useless. You can mess around trying to find a frequency that won't interfere, but there will still be problems, either with the WiFi or with noise on the HD.

We see it every week at one of the places we go to.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The Imation unit doesn't use WiFi, and uses a different frequency band entirely.

djunod

Post by djunod »

That's what I'm talking about... wireless does not mean WiFi. But WiFi does mean wireless.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

In those frequency bands, I have never experienced any issues, especially if you have line of sight. YMMV of course.

djunod

Post by djunod »

It's always a problem with this venue. Somebody with some expertise in the area should go in and clean the place up. I get the short end of the stick with wtkJams because the network is so bad.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

try a frequency scanner like iStumbler. it will show you which channels are empty. pick that channel for your show.