video recording performances

Sell, buy, trade! Want to know what equipment you should buy? Got something to sell? Want to post a review? It all goes here! (note: pirates will be banned)
Santomon

video recording performances

Post by Santomon »

Just interested in what the best way is to video a performance is and what camcorders have audio in so I could record the audio directly to camcorder without using a mic...I have a Mac Mini
Thanks

Karanight

Re: video recording performances

Post by Karanight »

If I was video recording I'd record the audio from the mixer using Garageband and then add that to the video. I think you'd get a better result. IMHO
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

Santomon

Post by Santomon »

Yes I was considering that option but for the sake of time...I was hoping I could go from my mixer directly into a camcorder...so I wouldn't have to sync to video to the audio...The Canon ZR800 MiniDV has a stereo mic in but I'm not sure what kinda sound I would get...Dave was talking about something called iglasses...I think I'm going to research that a little this morning....thanks for your reply ;)

Santomon

Post by Santomon »

Oh it looks like iglasses is a good app for editing the video but doesn't look like it will solve the audio issue..I guess the trick will be finding the right level of output on my record outputs from the mixer into the mic input on the camcorder....then once I get the video I can use the iglaases to add effects etc to the videos...

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

iGlasses let's you run filters over the current video stream, it doesn't let you run them later, and it doesn't let you edit video.

Santomon

Post by Santomon »

Oh ok Dave..thanks...I might just start out simple and get more fancy later...lol

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)