Really cheap USB sound input/output device

Sell, buy, trade! Want to know what equipment you should buy? Got something to sell? Want to post a review? It all goes here! (note: pirates will be banned)
DeusExMachina

Really cheap USB sound input/output device

Post by DeusExMachina »

Thought I'd give you all a heads up. Good deal:
http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=50 ... SD-CM-UAUD

dave
Site Admin

Re: Really cheap USB sound input/output device

Post by dave »

These are great for output no matter what.

But for input, they're only great if you're fine with a touch of latency. Remember: Digital mic audio is *always* latent. If you can't stand that (and if you're a pro, you may not), then definitely go with an analog mixer.

gearswap

Post by gearswap »

I used to use those USB Audio devices. I find the quality of audio out is a little on the "cheap side" You may want to consider a Wireless Bluetooth Receiver. They work great and the audio quality is perfecto. Prices range around $10.00 for a good one.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

note there is more latency with bluetooth, just something to keep in mind.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just FTR, the point of this ancient post was a heads up re: a cheap device that could serve as a stopgap in a crisis, like when your sound jack suddenly goes belly up in the middle of a show! (Or as a useful second audio port, in conjunction with an app like SoundFlower that can route audio from different apps independently from each other, to allow you to preview other audio sources while continuing to use kJams, without playing that audio over the P.A.. But this specific thread is now pointless, as eCost has gone offline and out of business.
That said, I have never had much issue with these devices in regards to audio quality. They seem to work just fine for me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »