Mixer Recs?

Sell, buy, trade! Want to know what equipment you should buy? Got something to sell? Want to post a review? It all goes here! (note: pirates will be banned)
Jon Leggitt

Mixer Recs?

Post by Jon Leggitt »

Mixers were part of a recent conversation in another forum topic, so I thought that I'd throw out this question:

Which mixer has the best vocal FX? I realize that some prefer a separate vocal processor, but for the sake of simplicity I'd prefer a mixer with on-board vocal FX. Anyone have any recommendations? Or particular models to avoid?

Jon

terryoke

Re: Mixer Recs?

Post by terryoke »

Mackie Carries a full line of mixers that have built in FX, I have an old DX12 I have been using for quite a while and it works great with the fx.

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

I've been considering upgrading to a Mackie powered mixer with some built in compression capabilities. The PPM608 is what I've been considering.

The Peavy powered amp that I have is ok, but underpowered. The effects on it aren't really worth a mention.
From he to whom much liquor is given...much singing is expected.

tetzel

Post by tetzel »

Numark makes the C3FX. 5 channel DJ mixer, but you can use all 5 channels for mics, and the best part is that it has Alesis effects built in. Under $250

ronl1946

Post by ronl1946 »

I use two mixers and I'm pretty picky because I do period tributes every now and again. I've found my Peavey mixer w/FX meets my needs nicely. The other is a smaller Alesis 8 w/FX that also works pretty well - I've found that it's mostly about practicing with the equipment and matching the FX to the setting.

Ron

DJ 5_0

Post by DJ 5_0 »

I have the Numark Cs FX in my mobile setup and absolutely love it and the effects. Very stable and robust mixer.

dreben

Post by dreben »

Hmmm, nobody mention "Yamaha 01V". The one you can have anything you've dream on!