All about iJams!

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
dave
Site Admin

All about iJams!

Post by dave »

Post any questions, problems, tips, kudos, or whatever you want, as long as it pertains to iJams!

This is the web site about iJams

And this is how you make kJams ready to use iJams

ocheye

Re: All about iJams!

Post by ocheye »

Hi Dave
As you may recall. I use Kjams Lite very successfully for playing backing tracks when I perform as a singer/guitarist. It is also great for maintaining a large catalogue of karaoke tracks that I can call up in order to do requests that are outside my usual sets. I do have a fear though that one day my mac might crash or simply break down. I don't really want to take a spare laptop to gigs and to this end I am considering taking the plunge and getting an iphone. I know that ijams is a way to facilitate performers to submit their own tracks but could I actually plug my iphone (with ijams) into my PA in an emergency and if so what "KJams facilities would it lack. It might sound silly but autopause is really important as I tried to use an ipod in the past and ended up having to use two with an ipod mixer but it was awkward to use and the screens were way to small for my eyes - then I discovered the utterly brilliant KJams!
Any suggestions?
Ocheye (UK)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

iJams is not a player, it is only a remote-request browser.

you can try KaraokeAnywhere, however the current version does NOT have video out. That should be coming soon. Also you'll need to request playlist ability and pause between tracks, i do not think they have those features.

the alternative is to use kJams to export all your CDG tracks to "iPhone" quicktime (m4v) then just use the built-in Mobile iTunes to find and play your songs. i'm not sure if they have "pause between tracks" either
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Export_Pro

however be forewarned: these guys don't seem to be *quite* as responsive as I am. I don't know why people put out a product and then disappear.

ocheye

Post by ocheye »

Many thanks Dave. Pretty much as I expected and I'm sure they will not react either as quickly or as positively as you do.
Cheers
Ocheye

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)