Removing voice from TunePrompter

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
HowardBrazee

Removing voice from TunePrompter

Post by HowardBrazee »

I looked at the tutorial https://karaoke.kjams.com/screenshots/p ... Lyrics.m4v to use iKaraoke TunePrompter to create Karaoke lyrics. I have a big question and a small one.

The big question is - how do I create a Karaoke song without the singing? It appears that I need a song with the voices in order to create the synchronization. I have tried starting my iPad playing it at the same time as I start playing it in TunePrompter, but that is clumsy and has to be done at full speed. Or I could start off with an .mp3 that already has the voice, but then I need to get rid of the voice. (I accidentally bought a .mp3 version of a Karaoke song that doesn't have voice, but I also have the original song in iTunes).

The small question is - what's the difference between Lyrics Highlight Styles (Sweep or Solid)??

dave
Site Admin

Re: Removing voice from TunePrompter

Post by dave »

You first need the audio only song, the one without the lead vocals. If you only have a song with vocals, you can TRY to remove the vocals but it's going to be terrible, just to set your expectations.

If you have that, then spend some time listening to the original (with vocals) on loop. Like literally for a couple hours. Basically, memorize the lyrics. THEN use producer on the one without vocals, to sync.

re: lyric highlight type: only use sweep, as solid isn't supported in Producer

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

Some songs have background music where it is obvious where the words go. Maybe most songs do.

But some songs have vague background music for the most part.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

in which case it really really helps to have memorized the lyrics so well that you know exactly and without a doubt where they go.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Howard,
You just need to count the seconds until the music starts in the version where the intro silence is longest, count the seconds until the music starts I the other track, then add the necessary silence to that track to make it sync with the version with lyrics.
Then you can use the track with vocals in Producer to make the XML file for the track WITHOUT vocals.

Use a lossless MP3 editor like Fission to add the silence for best results.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o