wtkJams KE 1.0.12 for iOS

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
djunod

wtkJams KE 1.0.12 for iOS

Post by djunod »

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wtkjams ... 49530?mt=8

What's New in Version 1.0.12

Several stability and UI improvements.
* Group Favorites by artist.
* Support for Singer Nickname field.
* Don't allow duplicate songs in the rotation.
* Limit number of songs a singer can add to the rotation.
* Pull to refresh any list.
* Fix issues with the Search bar on the iPad
* Fix external links.

reddroki

Re: wtkJams KE 1.0.12 for iOS

Post by reddroki »

Hi Dave J,

Holy Bat Mic Batman! Thank you for two upgrades in fairly short order! Nice feature set in this latest version, but my better half is gigging at the moment so I can't test it. I'll upgrade one iOS device (iPad 2, iOS v8) first and give her a spin.

Thank you once again for spending all this time to upgrade wtkJams.

I don't know how to say this w/o putting someone's nose out of joint but I'd pay money to keep it up to date. Minor updates, say $4 (it's hard to charge more than the initial price of the app) with upgrades going for $10 to $15. That's still a good price for a commercial venture, what with Family Sharing in the App Store.

Now I just have to convince my better half to get an SSD!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Mark
---
Host: Would you like to sing a song?
Customer: Oi! There's not enough liquor in this pub for that!
Host: Hmm. You or Us?

dj urban

Post by dj urban »

Hi there. With the most recent update, I can't get the app to work on my iPad anymore.
At the venue I do I have to use my phone as a personal hotspot and connect both my MacBook & iPad to it.
The app gets stuck on the loading screen for about 10 seconds before crashing.
Any suggestions? (it connects fine on my home network btw)
Thanks for your help.

djunod

Post by djunod »

Thanks Mark! I've been thinking about adding an In-App Purchase for sending a tip or Upgrade Appreciation ;)

I also want to be able to have on the personal version a way for singers to send PayPal tips to the KJ... don't know that Apple will allow that though.
reddroki wrote:Hi Dave J,
I don't know how to say this w/o putting someone's nose out of joint but I'd pay money to keep it up to date. Minor updates, say $4 (it's hard to charge more than the initial price of the app) with upgrades going for $10 to $15. That's still a good price for a commercial venture, what with Family Sharing in the App Store.
Kind regards,
Mark

djunod

Post by djunod »

Can you IM me your e-mail address or name of your device, I'll look in the logs for a crash. So far, this is the first I've heard of a crash in the new version.
dj urban wrote:Hi there. With the most recent update, I can't get the app to work on my iPad anymore.
At the venue I do I have to use my phone as a personal hotspot and connect both my MacBook & iPad to it.
The app gets stuck on the loading screen for about 10 seconds before crashing.
Any suggestions? (it connects fine on my home network btw)
Thanks for your help.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

want to be able to have on the personal version a way for singers to send PayPal tips to the KJ... don't know that Apple will allow that though.
if it's a link to a web page, then it happens outside your app, so they should have no grounds to deny it?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

The funds are not going to the app devs; as such, it's not an in-app purchase, so Apple gets no cut. It is the same as, say, the Square app, or PayPal, or your banking app. Apple gets no percentage of person to person third party money transfer.
It would be nice, if this feature were implemented, if there was some way, other than the growl-type notifications, that the host would be notified of that user's "tip". Like the badge icons we (Dave C. and I) discussed for marking singers in the ill-fated but not forgotten "smart rotation" feature (that I hope is still on life-support somewhere on a gurney in a hallway in the back corner of the parking lot of the building across the street from the hospital). You know, like a little green "$", that gets applied for the duration of the rotation. Barring that, maybe a tag that you could have in the main window, showing the last date of tip, and amount.
Just a thought.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Hey Dave J.: First, sorry I have not been much help (as I am one of those not in a position to be purchasing dedicated tablets at this time, and I no longer work at the venue I set up the iPads for) with testing, but here is an interface thought:
It would be nice if there was the option to have the opening screen tiling the rotation list, i.e., the singers who are actually present in the rotation, at the venue first, rather than all singers. This accomplished several things:
1) it allows people to see the rotation without additional UI interaction. Glance and go.
2) it declutters the login interface, giving priority to those already at the venue (since after the first hour or so, the likelihood they will be the ones using the UI rather than arriving singers increases to +.5).
3) it speeds up the login procedure for most interactions, as people will have their names on the first or second page ready to go, rather than having to search through (in my case) a very long and almost interminable list.

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

I too am seeing force closing with the app. I have all three versions on my iPhone and they all force close after ten seconds or so (sticks on the logo page before crashing). We have three iPads here as well all doing the exact same thing. We are mid show when it started happening. We have powered down all devices and tried again with no luck. The webpage access is still ok to add singers and songs. Any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

?

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

Yes Dave -- still doing it. force closing of the app. I will try it at home later this week and see if there is some way of sending the log file etc

Dave (T)