Rotation not populating & wtkjams crash switching singers

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
reddroki

Rotation not populating & wtkjams crash switching singers

Post by reddroki »

Issue
Rotation list empty/not populating. Crash when returning to singer list from a singers account.

Q: Anyone else seeing this?

Setup
Macbook Pro 13" Mid 2012, 8Gb RAM, OS X 10.8.5; kJams Pro 1.0.1b81, 59K songs, venue has 608 singers; wtkJams v1.0.9 (73) on iPad 2 or iPhone 5s both running 8.4.1.

Steps to reproduce
With kJams running, Clear all “Tonight” Lists
Launch wtkJams
Select a singer (enter pw if necessary) and add one or two songs from their Faves list via the Tap the microphone icon
Return to list of Singers (the app doesn’t crash at this point)
Select another singer and add one or two songs from their Faves list via the Tap the microphone icon
Return to the list of Singers (the app doesn’t crash at this point)

Now, you can access the Rotation List at the bottom of the Singers list or from within a Singers account, the issue still occurs.
So Tap the Rotation List icon from the Singers list
The Rotation List appears but all the singers are in position 1
Tap Cancel
Start the rotation from within kJams, e.g.: Singer 1, song 1
While the song is playing, select a new singer (e.g. not here) and add one or two songs from their Faves list via the Tap the microphone icon (actually another issue sometimes occurs at this point where the busy icon appears over the microphone and stays there until you tap History or Tonight in the singers account, but that is another story)
While still in that Singers account, Tap Rotation
The list is empty. Message: ‘The rotation is empty. Add a song to Tonight for it to appear here.’
Tap Singers to leave the account and return to the Singers list.
Crash out to iOS desktop
Relaunch wtkJams, which it does ok
However, whenever you exit any Singers account to return to the list of Singers, wtkJams crashes.
Also, the Rotation list is empty when accessed from the Rotation button at the bottom of the list of Singers.

Anything else done?
Rebooted kJams - no change
I tried another venue - no change
For S&G’s, I cleared the Current Audio Cache in kJams Pro>Preferences>Audio - no change
I disabled the Show Messenger options in kJams Pro>Preferences>General - no change
Restarted both kJams and wtkJams (for wtkJams, I quit the app and tossed it from the App Rotation list)
Disabled and re-enabled the kJams Server, relaunch kJams after both setting changes - no change
Brought out the rubber chicken from my old on-site tech support briefcase and waved the sucker at the whole darn shootin’ match. Did nothing, but I felt better. :lol: 8^)

Mark & Anita
Anita Entertainers
---
Host: Would you like to sing a song?
Customer: Oi! There's not enough liquor in this pub for that!
Host: Hmm. You or Us?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Rotation not populating & wtkjams crash switching singer

Post by dave »

please downgrade until i can investigate the issue. sorry for the hassle!

DaveT

Post by DaveT »

LOL -- Rubber Chickens :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i'm not able to reproduce the problem. can you send me your "kJams Library" folder?
to do so, first, go into "kJams Library/Playlists/" and move the "Music Stores" folder to the desktop
then zip the "kJams Library" folder, then move the "Music Stores" playlist back
then send me that zip file

note: i'm running MacOS 10.10.5, and iOS 8.4 on an iPhone 6+, same version of wtkJams, i have three singers. Can you try with 3 singers? see if that makes it not crash? (if you don't know how to switch libraries let me know)

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the update. The downgrade got the rotation list populating again (with no times for song duration or when singers are up) and wtkJams isn't crashing when returning to the singer list. So wtkJams is back up and running (yay!). We will have to wait till Friday before we revisit this issue due to bookings/work, etc. We haven't switched libraries before. Is it painful -- do I need a cream afterwards? 8^) Thanks for the assistance!

kind regards,
Mark & Anita
---

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

just create a new venue: file->venue->new venue
then do the same test with only a few (new) singers, see if you can get it to crash
then you can switch back to your regular venue

EVO

Post by EVO »

I am having the same issue. Latest KJams and WTK. Crashes WTK and KJams is flaky too. I usually have to restart a couple times a night.
Mac Book Pro 13" (Early 2011) 16 GB Ram. Running Tricerasoft Subscription.
WTK has become mostly useless due to crashing and no rotation (bummer because we run our show with two people with WTK being an integral part)
I am happy to share anything that might make troubleshooting easier. Love the programs.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Downgrade to d/b80 and it should work again. i'm working on it.

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Ouch! Sorry Dave re: emailing you a zip file that you requested. If you still need it, please let us know.
b78 allows us continued use of wtKjams. As we mentioned before -- Yay!
Yes, we too agree that we feel somewhat lost without it.
Have a great day!

Mark & Anita
---

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

does b80 work?
if so, please try the rogue build
do they work?
i am still unable to reproduce the problem, even with the correct iPad. if you CAN still reproduce it, even with the rogue, then yes, do send me your zipped "kJams Library" folder. be sure to remove the music stores before zipping. you can use dropbox

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Thanks for the update Dave. We will revisit the issue this weekend when we (hopefully) have some time to focus on this issue. We're not dead in the water so we our customers are not impacted -- they can still add songs to their faves, etc. cheers!
Mark & Anita

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

there's a NEW new rogue up now, please use that one, it is "81r7"

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

The issues are fixed with 1.0.1b80. In other words, the Rotation List in wtkJams is correct in both locations a user can access it. Yay!
However the ability to change the pitch & tempo in the song in their Tonight list is still missing. The text label is there, but the controls are not. But that is for another day and not a biggie. Have a great day!

cheers,
Mark & Anita

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please STILL try the rogue build, i really need to know that that version works too.

re: pitch & tempo: you can blame apple for that. they changed an API right out from under us, which broke the UI widgets that let you set pitch and tempo. unfortunately, according to the developer, it's not going to be possible to FIX that problem, but what he IS doing is making a whole new "wtkJams" app. Trouble is i have no idea when that new app will be out. I do know that the Android version will come out before the iOS version.

reddroki

Post by reddroki »

Ok. We'll give it go tonite (9/15). Thanks for your patience Dave!
cheers,
Mark & Anita
---