KTP (iKaraoke TunePrompter) No Show of iTunes Music List

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
clempav

KTP (iKaraoke TunePrompter) No Show of iTunes Music List

Post by clempav »

Has anyone else encountered this?

Open TunePrompter>Select Song> In the window that pops up that *used to* allow iTunes to populate the library list/playlists to choose the song the sync, no longer works.

I have tried clicking in the left column of that window on the Music (under Favorites); Music (under Media) and even clicking through the folders in these links to get down to the iTunes Music folder where all my music is located. But I just get to a window in TunePrompter that shows an iTunes icon in the top section and "Open iTunes to populate this list" in the bottom section of the window. iTunes IS open.

I know the iTunes library .xml file is the one that is supposed to allow other programs to read only the iTunes library list and TunePrompter used to do this flawlessly. I've even tried starting over from scratch: new iTunes library and importing only music to make sure I didn't import an old and maybe flawed .xml library file to no avail.

(Has iTunes 12.1 now disallowed third party software from read access? )

thanks for any enlightenment to fix this ....

clem
Last edited by clempav on Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: KTP (iKaraoke TunePrompter) No Show of iTunes Music List

Post by dave »

It says that you have to be running iTunes at the same time, for the list to be populated, however, even when i do have iTunes running in the background, the list will not populate.

well the solution is "don't do that".

just navigate into your iTunes folder manually (/Users/<you>/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/...)

clempav

Post by clempav »

Bummer! Apple! <:(

Thanks Dave! Glad to know I'm not on the crazy train.... :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:o