iOS apps that work with kJams

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
dave
Site Admin

iOS apps that work with kJams

Post by dave »

Currently, the iOS apps that work with kJams are:

wtkJams
iJams

If you're looking for an actual karaoke PLAYER app for your iOS device, try out:
Karaoke Anywhere

djunod

Re: iOS apps that work with kJams

Post by djunod »

Here is the YouTube video channel for wtkJams. There you can find video demos for the latest version:

http://www.youtube.com/user/wtkJams/videos

Subscribe to the Channel. Like the Videos. Show the love.

Everything you do to support this comes back in better support for your own show.
Last edited by djunod on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

djunod

Post by djunod »

If you or your clients are not able to log in using wtkJams or iJams, then it is most likely because you have customized the html that kJams uses for the server.

If mainscreen.html has been modified to not have Singer: {singer} then singer won't be logged in.

It is a hard requirement that mainscreen.html contain "Singer: {singer}" otherwise all existing clients will break, including iJams, wtkJams... If that doesn't work for your layout, then just put it in a comment or the footer in transparent text.

Also, loginscreen.html must contain the text "kJams Login", while mainscreen.html must *not* contain the text "kJams Login".
Last edited by djunod on Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what he said

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

The above link, Video Demo is not working for me?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

link is working fine for me. what OS are you using, and what Browser?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I'm using Safari 5.1.7 on snow leopard

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Tried Firefox, works like a charm! :?

nando

Post by nando »

i just bought wtkjams on ios7 and am i missing something? in settings i don't get the option to change the background.

also every time i go to settings and try to exit settings, i get exited to the iOS home screen.

and the singer's view doesn't display like in the demo video with letter dividers between names. it is all clumped together in a big list.

one last thing. is it possible for the app to remain in last window it was in when switching between apps, or the screen going to sleep. ijams works this way. it is very annoying when you do a search. you go to read a text or the screen goes to sleep then you go back to wtkjams and you are logged out, it does the venue search all over again, logs into the venue then logs in the default user and even if you are said default user, your search is gone. this is not a very good user experience.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

in settings i don't get the option to change the background.
that's probably because there is no setting to change the background.
every time i go to settings and try to exit settings, i get exited to the iOS home screen.
sounds like a bug. have you reported this to the developer?
and the singer's view doesn't display like in the demo video
can you link to this video so i can see what you're talking about?
is it possible for the app to remain in last window it was in when switching between apps, or the screen going to sleep
again you'll have to ask the developer about that (see link above). I'm a bit surprised it doesn't do that too, i think he has to do something special to enable that?
it is very annoying when you do a search. you go to read a text or the screen goes to sleep then you go back to wtkjams and you are logged out, it does the venue search all over again, logs into the venue then logs in the default user and even if you are said default user, your search is gone. this is not a very good user experience.
good points all. I'll ask David to look in on this thread!

nando

Post by nando »

Thanks Dave. I let the developer know and he replied right away. I guess the ability to change the background was removed.

I didnt bring up the last paragraph i wrote on here, hopefully he takes it into consideration.

The video I'm talking about is linked at the top of this thread. When he logs into a venue you see singers at the venue grouped by their name initial and separated by their letter heading. Mine is not grouped and the list looks very dense and hard to read.

djunod

Post by djunod »

There's a threshold of 10 singers before it switches to the indexed singer view.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

David, can you address each point in this thread so future searchers can see what the results are? thanks!

nando

Post by nando »

david updated wtkjams and address pretty much all of my issues. not sure if all because i need to go to a venue to log in. but that was fast

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:|