Non iphone

All about the iOS / Android / Web / Other apps that can be used with kJams! Questions, bug reports, feature requests!
simpmech

Non iphone

Post by simpmech »

Hi all, got the ijams working perfectly and love it! However, the non-iphone people not so much. I have a droid myself and can't seem to be able to figure it out. I understand I need to log onto the same server etc, be on wi-fi server (obviously same as computer) but I'm not sure if I would somehow enter information into my phones browser etc? And if so, where do I get this info from?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Non iphone

Post by dave »

enter this:

http://<ip of computer>:<port number>

so, if your computer's ip is 169.254.1.1 and your port number is 12345

http://169.254.1.1:12345

you find your ip address in the networking system prefs panel, if wifi, under TCP/IP

you find the port number in the kJams sharing prefs panel

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Hmmm, I open up my web browser, I enter the address, it shows me "IPv4 Addess: ............ then I enter ":" then 12345. but it finds nothing. perhaps im not entering the correct IP address. My only choices under TCP/IP are:
IPv4 Address: .....
Subnet Mask:......
Router: ......

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Well, I tried on my computers brower. It works, must be something with my Droid. I will continue to work on figuring it out. Any suggestions would be great. TY!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what is your droid's WiFi IP address?

it should have the same first three numbers.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

The first 3 are the same. It's the 4th where it changes, BUT, the IP address is only 4 numbers long

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

if the first three numbers are the same, then you are, in fact, on the same subnet, so it should definitely work. so make sure you type the IP addr of the kJams computer correctly, and the port number.

yes, ip4 numbers are 4 "octets" long. or whatever it's called.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Apparently it hated on me for only a little while :evil: i powered down the phone and tried yet again. POOF like magic it works. Thanks for all of your help Dave!

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Works great! Is there A way to have the search reveal all the songs under an artist? For example, Kid Rock, Say I have 10 songs by him; it only displays 6 or 7 songs.
I can see people knowing the artist, typing their name, and not being able to see their song on account it only shows a few. Unless they actually knew the name of it and typed it.

simpmech

Post by simpmech »

Or does no one else have this issue and can scroll through a single artist song list from 1-?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

what version of kJams are you on? there was a bug in an earlier version where if either "artist" or "album" was blank then iJams would not display it. this has been fixed. it should now always show all results. if you're not getting that talk to me via email.